Zelda got to experience the zoo and the Royals for the first time two weeks ago. Here is a quick summary of the events. She slept through 90% of her zoo visit which was also drizzly and she was not that interested in eating, thus leading to some significant discomfort for me. By the time we got to the game it had really started to rain and we had to wait two hours for the game to even start. I had to nurse her sitting in the stands, hunkered down under an umbrella. She had a MAJOR diaper blowout and to top it all off, as we were trying to leave the stadium the 45 mph winds blew off Zelda's Royals' hat (yes, the one that I bragged about in a previous post). I searched the stands in the rain, while Henri was loading Zelda up in the car, but I couldn't find it anywhere.
Having read that, it would only make sense for me to remember back to those events with a feeling of dread. At one point, I thought I might cry with frustration. I was worried about Zelda staying warm and dry because I had only brought two thin blankets and I was worried that the music and announcements in the stadium would be too loud for her. All of that said, I look back on the events as a good experience. The turning point for me really had to be Zelda's diaper blowout. Strange I know, but it took that and her smiling face to bring me back to the realization that she was okay and everything else wasn't that big of deal. She slept through all of the hard rain (it never really stopped raining) at the beginning and was completely happy and chatty the rest of the time. I was prompted to buy Zelda a rain-proof jacket at Target just before we left for the game. They only had one in the entire store and it was only in size 12 months (two sizes too big), but it worked wonders at the game. Also, I think it was a real blessing that all of Henri's family had come to the game because a tornado struck their town and they were all safe in KC . The spirit works in amazing ways. I'm so glad that Heavenly Father chose to communicate to me through my little girl. I will never forget that experience.
3 comments:
Julie-ann...she is an adorable little girl. I love her in the hat too! It's great to read your blog and stay in touch this way.
love those pictures and you gotta love the spirit!
It's funny now looking at it I'm sure. I love the pictures. So cute. I love Zelda's pouty face!
Post a Comment