I don't know what it is about my girly, but she can fall asleep anywhere. If she's tired enough she will fall asleep in my arms while I am standing around talking or on Henri's lap when he is playing the Nintendo DS. Not only that, but I can pick her up and move her places while she is sleeping and we are out and about and she will stay asleep for the most part. That is until I get her near her bed. Case in point; today Colton and I had to run just a few errands and it was very rainy. She fell asleep somewhere between Gerbes and Walgreens. When we got home it was still pouring and I was fumbling to keep the umbrella covering me while I tried to get a sleeping Zelda out of her car seat without waking her up. In spite of the umbrella falling just as I pulled her out of the car and her being splashed a little by the cold raindrops before I could whisk up the umbrella again, she stayed asleep with her head perched up on my shoulder. She continued to sleep as I carried her in amidst a car repeatedly honking it's horn and Colton and I talking. Yet, just as I am laying her ever-so-gently in her crib her eyes pop open and she starts crying! Oh, Zelda...she went back to sleep quickly, but what is it about a comfy bed that signals to her that it's time to wake up???
Now, these are photos from a different day, just this month. I had laid Zelda down for one of her afternoon naps and I guess she wasn't quite ready for sleep yet. I keep my ab ball by her crib and she must have fallen asleep after playing with it. This is how she looked when I peeked in to check on her and my ab ball had rolled behind the door.
3 comments:
That's too cute!
Like mother like daughter. That is too funny! She is so cute! I can't wait to see her again.
She's such an adorable little girl Julie-ann. It's so funny to watch little ones nod off and sleep regardless of what you do with them.
Post a Comment