Sunday, March 7, 2010

Potty Training and Rolling Over

Henri and I have to agree that Zelda is getting the whole potty training thing down a lot faster than we expected. It could be that we are in no real hurry to have her trained, but it is a nice surprise, anyway. She had been sporadically using the potty earlier last month, but while visiting my family in West Plains she really took off. She even woke up completely dry one morning. That is not something that I will really expect to be constant for some time. At any rate she is doing great and I get to go pick out more panties for her tomorrow. Right now she is rocking out Tinker Bell panties, but I know she would REALLY love the Buzz Lightyear and Woody panties, but those only come in boy briefs. I considered getting them for her anyway, but I might just stick to princesses.

Thank heavens for warmer weather! Now, we can release more of Zelda's energy on the world. Here is Henri running her around before we had to go inside. Warm weather equals better mealtime and naptime.

Coralie has been a bit slow going when it is comes to her infant moving milestones. I realize that they are different people and thus will develop a bit differently, but I am constantly fighting the urge I have to compare her to what Zelda was doing at her age. I look back at photos of Zelda and think "hmm... she was crawling everywhere by now" or "Zelda only had two teeth at this age". I have been practicing just embracing each milestone the girls hit instead of focusing on when they choose to hit them. Coralie has been content to cuddle and observe for quite some time, but I think those days are quickly coming to an end. We borrowed my parents baby jungle jumper and she enjoys it a lot. She is quick to roll over when I put her in her crib, although she hasn't gotten the hang of rolling back over, so she quickly squeals for help when she has had enough belly time.

This is us playing outside just after the snow had almost completely melted. We were happy to see it come, but even happier to see it go!

No comments: