Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Safe and Blessed

I have always been a bit skittish when it comes to tornados, especially now that I have kids. I show my fear differently now-a-days, though. I have learned to keep a calm voice and demeanor so as not to alarm my children and cause them undo stress. All the while fear is raging in my heart as I consider the options I have to protect them and just how torn apart my life would feel if anything happened to my family. I am grateful to my Heavenly Father that my family was not involved in the Joplin tornado on Sunday and now with so many storms still to come over the next couple of days, I feel an urgency to heed his council concerning preparedness.

It has been a long time since I have posted, so I will end this thought with a few pictures of the people who make my world complete.


Sweet Norah who keeps me company all through the night : )



My sweetheart, Coralie, sharing with her cousin, Lucy.



My big girl, Zelda, who is fearless and loving.



The girls attended every prenatal appointment that I had for Norah and were even allowed to help Dr. Barlet with the Doppler. Here they are in our kitchen pretending to use a Doppler on themselves.



My handsome husband, Henri, who wanted a hair cut so that he could look good in the photos of him holding Norah. I am in labor and only hours shy of delivering her in this photo.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Finally an update! Love the pics Jules.

Alphacyg said...

I didn't know you had a baby! Congratulations! I miss you and your family.

We had a little baby girl named Cora on June 9th.